The Mummy MOT
Who Should have a Mummy MOT?
Current Guidelines suggest EVERY WOMAN WHO HAS GIVEN birth, regardless of
The Mummy MOT is for everyone who has had a baby, even if it is years later. You should especially consider a check up if you have any of the following:
- Leaking or incontinence of bladder or bowels
- Pelvic floor pain or dragging/heaviness
- Feeling or seeing bulge in pelvic floor
- Pelvic or lower back pain
- Gap in your tummy, or pendular abdomen
- Want to go back to high impact exercise after birth
- Inability to go back to normal exercise
When should I have a Mummy MOT?
The Mummy MOT is suitable from 6 weeks postnatal after a vaginal or c-section birth
What does a Mummy MOT involve?
Mummy MOT tests and checks include:
- Pelvic floor assessment
- Check of your tummy muscles and core
- Functional movement and strength screen
- Postural changes
- Breathing assessment
- Scar assessment
You will receive a report of findings and advice as well as a treatment plan and bespoke rehabilitation exercise plan. My passion is to get you back to doing what you love; whether that is walking, running, swimming or jumping!
Cost of initial assessment 90 mins: £120
Why should I have a Mummy MOT?
1 in 4 women experience pelvic floor dysfunction after having a baby. We believe that you deserve access to excellent postnatal care and should not have to suffer with incontinence, leaking, tummy gap, pelvic organ prolapse, and pelvic pain. For what we look at and why see below!
Initial Consultation 120
Review Session 79
Multiple session packages available on request