Who Should have a Mummy MOT?
The Mummy MOT is for everyone who has had a baby, even if it is years later. You should especially consider a check up if you have any of the following:
- Leaking or incontinence of bladder or bowels
- Pelvic floor pain or dragging/heaviness
- Feeling or seeing bulge in pelvic floor
- Pelvic or lower back pain
- Gap in your tummy, or pendular abdomen
- Want to go back to high impact exercise after birth
- Inability to go back to normal exercise
When should I have a Mummy MOT?
The Mummy MOT is suitable from 6 weeks postnatal after a vaginal or c-section birth
What does a Mummy MOT involve?
Mummy MOT tests and checks include:
- Pelvic floor assessment
- Check of your tummy muscles and core
- Functional movement and strength screen
- Postural changes
- Breathing assessment
- Scar assessment